The Sales Associate is responsible for supporting our top producing Sales Executives by assisting them with closing new business, upselling and cross selling into existing accounts and calling on prospects.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, administrative and computer skills and have a strong desire to learn the Zelis business to develop into a Sales Executive or Account Manager.
Working within a Sales Mentorship Program, this person will be involved in all aspects of the selling process, with both pre and post sales responsibilities supporting the assigned Sales Executive.
The Sales Associate will be tasked with learning and mastering each of the selling states while working alongside the Sales Executive.
The key activities include but are not limited to:
* Development of a sales pipeline
* Providing Lead Generation support by researching accounts, identifying key contacts, generating interest in Zelis products and services
* Preparing Presentations
* Preparing Proposals
* Presenting to Customers
* Become knowledgeable in all Zelis products and services
* Understanding the Zelis value proposition
* Supporting post sales activity and being involved in client implementations
* Supporting the follow-up needs and activities from sales calls and presentations
* Developing your sales skills and knowledge of the Zelis business with the intent on becoming a Sales Executive or Account Manager
+ Identify areas of opportunity within current client base
* Update and manage leads and all activity using salesforce.com for current and future marketing efforts
* Conduct all business dealings with integrity and professionalism to uphold the reputation for quality, service and value that Zelis has built in the industry and provide value-added service to our clients by utilizing a consultative sales approach
* Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to Zelis standards regarding privacy
* 1+ years of experience in sales within a consulting company highly preferred
* 1+ years of experience in sales prospecting and lead generation experience preferred
* Superior communication and organizational skills required
* Fast learner with the ability to operate within the highest levels of our target market
* Experience in CRM use, specifically with salesforce.com highly preferred
* Good administrative and computer skills using MS office products
* Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s value proposition and business opportunity
* Positive, professional, and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
* Highly competitive, self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment
* Strong Organizational skills to ensure Sales Process and opportunities are effectively tracked, managed, reported and closed.
* Ability to work in a high-energy sales environment as a team player
* Healthcare experience preferred but not required
* College degree highly preferred and/or equivalent experience
* Travel requirements to (primarily) domestic destinations should not exceed 20%
* A standard work week exists but with the understanding that additional time/effort outside of the usual parameters can/will occur based upon the overall needs of the integration, where deadlines exist and when necessary due to the needs of the integration team
* A standard business environment exists with moderate noise levels
* Ability to lift and move approximately thirty (30) pounds on a non-routine basis
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time