At Smurfit Kappa, we open up opportunities with forward-thinking customers by relentlessly applying our experience, expertise and ingenuity.
Smurfit Kappa is one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world, with around 45,000 employees in approximately 370 production sites across 34 countries and with sales revenue of €8.1 bn in 2015. Smurfit Kappas worldwide headquarters are located in Dublin, Ireland and has regional headquarters in Amsterdam (Europe) and Miami (the Americas).
Smurfit Kappa North America is part of the Smurfit Kappa Group and is a leading integrated paperboard and paper-based packaging manufacturer with multiple facilities in the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico with approximately 4,000 employees in this region.
With our pro-active team we relentlessly use our extensive experience and expertise, supported by our scale, to open up opportunities for our customers.
We collaborate with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights in packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets.
We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper-packaging solutions, which is constantly updated with our market-leading innovations.
This is enhanced through the benefits of our integration, with optimal paper design, logistics, timeliness of service, and our packaging plants sourcing most of their raw materials from our own paper mills. Our products, which are 100% renewable and produced sustainably, improve the environmental footprint of our customers.
Are you ready to Open the Future?
View our video on You Tube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXoyoGxOVk
The recycling division of Smurfit Kappa is seeking a Maintenance Technician to maintain the Arlington, TX recycling facility.
The Maintenance Technician will work for the recycling paper division in our Arlington recycling facility. The qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting the Maintenance Manager by responding to service requests within area of expertise, refurbish used compacting and baling equipment for installation at supplier sites, conduct preventive maintenance on both plant-based and supplier-based equipment, support the division as necessary on major projects, plant installations, etc., develop and maintain spare parts inventory for balers and compactors, and manage major installation and repair projects.
Education & Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Two years progressively responsible Millwright or industrial maintenance experience required
* Must be highly motivated; able to work safely and effectively on an independent basis, with minimal and/or no supervision
* Cutting, welding and fabrication experience necessary
* Experience with baler or compactor repairs preferred, but not required
* Working knowledge of Industrial Safety Standards
* PLC Troubleshooting experience a plus
* Valid Texas Drivers License & good driving record
Must be able to proficiently pass a mechanical aptitude and cognitive ability test.
* Troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical breakdowns
* Install used compaction equipment as required
* Refurbish and test-run used equipment
* Fabricate safety guards, railings, and support equipment for compaction and conveying equipment
* Assist on major plant modifications, installations and repairs
* Occasional travel required to provide maintenance support for suppliers, as well as company owned equipment in the field.
* Follow all company safety guidelines
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Overtime required as needed.
Commensurate with experience.
SKNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Enjoy ch allenges and opportunities to use your knowledge, skills and experience to support the strategic direction of the Company in a fast paced environment
* Are a change agent that wants to make a huge impact and add value to our Companys initiatives
* Understand the value of integrity in all business relationships
* Want to join a family atmosphere and work with an amazing group of people
* Enjoy learning and growing within a family atmosphere and creating a career with a great company
* Are willing to relocate to where you can make a difference
then you just might be the right candidate for this opportunity!